BFSI proud to sponsor prestigious Punchestown Gold Cup
12 February 2014Bibby Financial Services Ireland to Sponsor €200,000 Punchestown Gold Cup
- New Sponsorship sees the value of the Punchestown Gold Cup increase by €50,000 to €200,000
- Top jockeys welcome Bibby Financial Services Announcement
- First major sponsorship for the leading Invoice Finance company
Punchestown Racecourse today (Wednesday 12th February) made the major announcement that Bibby Financial Services Ireland (BFSI) are the new sponsor of the Punchestown Gold Cup in a deal that will see the prize fund increasing by €50,000 to a total value of €200,000.
The newly titled Bibby Financial Services Gold Cup is Ireland’s most valuable and prestigious three mile steeplechase with an all-star role of honour including the great Arkle, Imperial call, Florida Pearl, Beef or Salmon, War Of Attrition, Kicking King, Neptune Collonges and 2013 winner Sir Des Champs.
Top jockeys Barry Geraghty and Ruby Walsh currently have four winners each in the festival showpiece and both are enthusiastic about their chances of gaining a fifth victory in the April. Speaking today Ruby Walsh said “The Punchestown Gold Cup has been a great race for me as I was only 19 when I first won it on Imperial Cal, then a year later on Commanche Court for my Dad and most recently twice for Paul Nicholls with Neptune Collonges. I’ve yet to win it for Willie Mullins but ideally that would change this year! It’s great to see a company like Bibby Financial Services giving such a vote of confidence to Punchestown and the Irish racing industry”.
Barry Geraghty said “ I’ve been lucky enough to win what is now the Bibby Financial Services Punchestown Gold Cup for four different trainers on four different horses and hopefully come April all going well I’dlove to have a shot at it on Bobsworth for Nicky Henderson. He continued saying “All credit to everyone involved. It’s great to see such a dynamic sponsorship for this prestigious race.”
Ronan Horgan, Managing Director of Bibby Financial Services Ireland (BFSI) commented on the announcement: “We are absolutely delighted to be partnering with Punchestown Racecourse this year by sponsoring the prestigious Gold Cup. The Bibby Financial Services Punchestown Gold Cup provides us with an excellent platform to engage with our current customers, connect with new ones and grow our base of financial advisors so that we are in the best position to support the SME sector in Ireland. We recognise the strong heritage and values associated with Punchestown. BFSI is part of the Bibby Line Group, a global organisation similarly founded over 200 years ago. We share a long standing history and passion that has thrived in changing and challenging times”
Welcoming the news Punchestown’s Director of Sales & Marketing Liam Holton said “Bibby Financial Services Ireland are market leaders in their field and we are delighted that they recognise the benefits of sponsoring at Punchestown. It is a great testament to the profile of the event. We really look forward to working with Ronan and all the team at BFSI to ensure the Gold Cup continues to go from strength to strength.
The Bibby Financial Services Punchestown Gold Cup takes place on Wednesday 30th April. Initial entries for the race close on 9th April 2014.
The Punchestown Festival takes place Tuesday 29th April to Saturday 3rd May 2014. Tickets start from €22pp, hospitality packages from €99pp. For full details please visit www.punchestown.com
Current Festival Ticket Offer: A free reserved enclosure upgrade with every general admission or flexi ticket purchased. Valued at €10 per ticket (€12 on Friday ticket). For a limited time only.
- Bibby Financial Services Ireland (BFSI), based in Sandyford, Dublin is the leading Invoice Finance Provider in the world, providing of a range of business cash flow solutions to small and medium sized business throughout Ireland, Europe, Asia and America through its 47 offices globally.
- As a leading independent invoice finance company BFSI support the cash flow and growth of its clients globally throughout the network of local offices, ensuring genuine market knowledge and fast flexible solutions.
- BFSI is wholly owned by Bibby Line Group, a 200 year old dynamic group of global companies with interests in shipping, marine services, logistics, financial services, offshore services and retailing. The company was founded by Liverpool entrepreneur John Bibby in 1807 and has its head office in Duke Street, Liverpool.
- For further information please visit www.bibbyfinancialservices.ie
For Further Information please contact:
Shona Dreaper, Punchestown PR & Communications Manager: 00 353 (0)45 897704 or email email@example.com
Liam Holton, Punchestown Sales & marketing Director: 00 353 (0)45 897704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org